Life Challenge Director
What is your passion regarding the Kingdom of God, the church, our church, your ministry?
- I want to see the Kingdom of God advanced to the ends of the earth and believe New Covenant Church and Life Challenge (LC) are vital to that happening in the East Texas area and on the college campuses. I believe that impacting young people can save them from making disastrous decisions, help in setting the course for their careers and future families, and begin shaping the people that will be leading the world, our world, in a few short years.
What is your life verse and why?
- My life verse is Psalm 34:1 which states “I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth”. No matter what curve balls life throws at me, I know that praising God in everything aligns my perspective and keeps Him in the proper place in my life. In turn, I am able to either see what He’s doing through that circumstance or settle my heart before Him while resting in His everlasting peace.
What was your salvation experience?
- I was saved around the age of 5 because I lacked peace in my life and my parents told me that Jesus would take away my fears and give me peace. He’s given me that and so much more!
Why did you get into ministry?
- I got into ministry to utilize my gifts to see people advancing the Kingdom of God and living a powerful, intimate life with Christ.
When did you join LC leadership?
- I first joined LC leadership over 10 years ago, then focused on youth ministry for a season, and came back to LC in the fall of 2007.
Who is in your immediate family?
- My parents, Larry & Carol, sister, Becca, sister, Michelle, brother-in-love, Jayson, and sweet nephew, Matthew.
Where is your favorite place to pray?
- In my room or while playing the piano.